Leadership Change at the National Agency for Protected Areas in Haiti
Jeantel Joseph has been dismissed from his position as the head of the National Agency for Protected Areas (ANAP) in Haiti. The government has replaced him with a Technical Commission tasked with restructuring the agency.
The newly formed Commission includes the following members:
- Mr. Frantz Daniel PIERRE – Coordinator;
- Mr. Prénor COUDO – Member;
- Inspector General Jean Lyonel TRÉCIL – Member;
- Lieutenant Verby B. JEAN of the Haitian Armed Forces – Member; and
- Mr. Jean Neslie ÉLIE – Member.
The decision to remove Jeantel Joseph from his role comes amidst calls for a more effective and efficient management of the National Agency for Protected Areas. The government has entrusted the Commission with the responsibility of implementing strategic changes to enhance the agency’s performance and better fulfill its mission of safeguarding the country’s natural treasures.