All receipts for payment of Machine-Readable Visa (MRV) fees issued before October 1, 2022, will expire September 30, 2023. There will be no extensions of fee validity. Applicants must schedule an appointment or submit an interview waiver application before September 30, 2023 to avoid paying a new fee.
Please note that the interview itself does not need to take place before September 30, 2023, but an interview appointment needs to be made in the system, even if it is scheduled months into the future. Furthermore, applicants using MRV fees paid before October 1, 2022 to book an appointment are cautioned not to attempt to change their appointment dates on or after October 1, 2023.
Doing so will result in forfeiture of both the original appointment slot and the MRV fee receipt. The applicant will be required to pay a new fee and submit a new application package.
- The U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince is on Ordered Departure status and the reduction in staff impacts our ability to provide routine consular services at this time. All current nonimmigrant visa appointments have been rescheduled.
- The nonimmigrant visa (NIV) application processing fee, also known as the Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee, returned to a one-year validity on October 1, 2022.
- All MRV fee payments made on or after October 1, 2022, are valid for 365 days from the date a receipt is issued for payment of the fee. Applicants must schedule an interview appointment or submit an interview waiver application within 365 days of paying the MRV fee. There is no requirement for the interview to occur during the 365-day period.
- Receipts for MRV fees paid prior to October 1, 2022, will continue to be valid until September 30, 2023.
- Applicants with a Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee receipt expiring September 30, 2023, must schedule an appointment before September 30, 2023. The interview need not occur before that date.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince will open sufficient appointments to accommodate all applicants with expiring receipts. When the embassy resumes routine visa services, we will make every effort to allow receipt holders the opportunity to modify the appointment time if desired.